• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Song ID--help! (1 Viewer)

woodlink

Hi folks! This is my first post on Bird Forum. Thank you for being here!

The reason I joined is, though I am familiar with many of our midwestern birds on sight, I am not very good with bird calls.

The last few mornings I've been hearing a bird call that sounds very familiar, yet I cannot place. Nor can I find it online or on tape. While searching, I played a Cornell Lab website recording of an Easter Towhee. No, it doesn't seem to be the Towhee. BUT I can hear the EXACT SONG I'm trying to identify in the background of the Towhee recording!

I'm hoping an expert from Bird Forum might listen to the Towhee recording and tell me what that bird in the background is:

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Eastern_Towhee/sounds

It is the song in the background, halfway through the recording. Three throaty bright notes, and an ascending trilling or rasping sound. A beautiful song.....and very distinctive. (Probably something very common and I'll feel very silly....still I'd appreciate knowing!)

Thank you, kind someone, for help with this identification!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back