• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Song Identification Southern Spain (2 Viewers)

Whipster

United Kingdom
Hello, I'm currently holidaying in Southern Spain, Jimena de la Frontera. I have recorded a bird song that I have been unable to identify and am seeking the help of the birding community. I checked with Bird Net and Merlin but neither App could identify the sound. I tried to observe the bird in question but was unable to get a sighting. I f anyone has any ideas I would be grateful. Regards, Ian

Attachments

• birdnet_mobile_1532840482_recording_43.wav
    263.1 KB
Welcome to BF.
Some parrot I don't recognise. Or something else.
Sounds like it's very close - but you still couldn't see it? Habitat? Any cages in that direction?

Pity we didn't meet - I've just come back from Jimena (a hot 10-day hol). Many years ago, by the road down to the river I heard and then saw a Lovebird sp in some eucalyptus. Didn't sound anything like your bird though!

I found the birds hard to come by this year, The oppressive summer heat having scorched the landscape and dried up the rivers.

Last edited:
Pity we didn't meet - I've just come back from Jimena (a hot 10-day hol). Many years ago, by the road down to the river I heard and then saw a Lovebird sp in some eucalyptus. Didn't sound anything like your bird though!

I found the birds hard to come by this year, The oppressive summer heat having scorched the landscape and dried up the rivers.

Too right on the dried up river and scorched farmland. The griffons might be doing well on the fallen livestock. Rain forecast next week which will help green things up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back