• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Daddylion's Quiz (1 Viewer)

Alright, I know that this is supposed to be a "North American birds" thread, but I thought I'd mix in some exotic ones, for a challenge. You'll have to excuse the colors, some may not be exactly correct, as there are only so many crayon colors. Each bird is worth a point. They could come from anywhere in the world.

Good luck to all!

Attachments

• 101_9912.jpg
    101_9912.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 49
WC LT and SWP are correct, sorry it's not an African Dwarf KF. And with that, Jack Dawe takes the lead!

Jack Dawe(8)
MLoyko(7)
Nick Tanner(2)
Larry Lade(2)
shrikebirder(1)
bobthebirder(1)
Th_SQ(1)
nickderry(1)

Remember there are still three points up for grabs! What an exiting race this is!

Jack Dawe and Larry are both correct! (Sorry about that Larry) Jack has nine points now and Larry has 3. I don't mean to leave you hanging (;))on the green bird, it's still in play, but here are three more (heads):

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    4.8 KB · Views: 39
  • aa.JPG
    aa.JPG
    7.8 KB · Views: 43
  • aaa.JPG
    aaa.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
So close! The real bird looks almost like it, but it's slightly different.
Thanks for joining in!

Whoops I see you have guessed Mockingbird... you're correct! One point to you.

Jack Dawe(9)
MLoyko(7)
Larry Lade(3)
Nick Tanner(2)
shrikebirder(1)
bobthebirder(1)
Th_SQ(1)
nickderry(1)
stephennj(1)

Last edited:
Siskin would be correct, but Larry's already answered that one! Sorry, my bad for moving on too soon. Keep playing, though!

Jack Dawe(9)
MLoyko(7)
Larry Lade(3)
Nick Tanner(2)
stephennj(2)
shrikebirder(1)
bobthebirder(1)
Th_SQ(1)
nickderry(1)

Last edited:
Daddylion, it begins to get a little confusing if you start a new quiz when some of the birds from the previous quiz have not all been identified. Why not get all the birds of one quiz IDed before you start a new one!

The fourth bird in your sketch has yet to be identified, yet you have begun a new quiz.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back