• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Peru - 2018 Final UFOs post!! (1 Viewer)

Nickk

Finally went through my (what seemed to be endless) list from my trip back in April. Thanks to all that responded and to those that did not roll their eyes on some of the posts ;)

These were previously posted but did not get any definitive suggestions

Attachments

• Capturea.JPG
    Capturea.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 52
  • Capturez.JPG
    Capturez.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Captured.JPG
    Captured.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Captureb.JPG
    Captureb.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 30
1st reminds me of a juvenile Blue-Black Grassquit but I'm not sure...
2nd I thought first on the Speckled Hummingbird (or maybe the Peruvian Piedtail?), but wait for others replies because I'm no expert with Peruvian Hummers.

1st reminds me of a juvenile Blue-Black Grassquit but I'm not sure...
2nd I thought first on the Speckled Hummingbird (or maybe the Peruvian Piedtail?), but wait for others replies because I'm no expert with Peruvian Hummers.

First looks like a tanager to me.

Hi All,

for a (rufous-booted) rackettail I would expect to be able to see the boots in the first picture? My first impression was speckled hummingbird. Going by my notes, the ones from that area don't have (much in the way of) speckling.

first one: immature tanager? blue-black tanager perhaps?

Hi All,

for a (rufous-booted) rackettail I would expect to be able to see the boots in the first picture? My first impression was speckled hummingbird. Going by my notes, the ones from that area don't have (much in the way of) speckling.

first one: immature tanager? blue-black tanager perhaps?

Worth including the link to the previous discussion of these:
You'll see I came to the same conclusion: blue-and-black tanager and (rufous-) booted racket-tail for the hummer. I think the rufous wash we can see might include the "boots". For speckled, I'd expect much more evidence of the long white post-ocular streak

'I think the rufous wash we can see might include the "boots". For speckled, I'd expect much more evidence of the long white post-ocular streak' - Hi, you're correct about the post-ocular stripe. that should be visible in the pictures.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back