• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

should I upgrade 50d to 7d? (1 Viewer)

doozer

I will be back in the UK for the dive show in Oct and while there was considering upgrading my 50d to a 7d.My question is will I really notice the difference. My main lenses are a 500 f4 and 100-400. How much faster for BIF is the auto focus going to be, is it worth the expense? It will be mostly for the prime and will keep the 50d with the 100-400 attached to save switching back and forth.

You say a better camera all round and I have read a few bits online but can you notice the differance when auto focusing, is there less searching and a faster reaction.
My parents where over last week with a 550d and 450d and trying to focus drove me mad with how slow they were with the big sigma's on, I know the 50d is good but believe the 7d is much better .Is this the case?

Simple answer? Yes! I never felt there was much between the 40D and 50D but I noticed the difference immediately I picked up the 7D.Very responsive AF.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back