• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Western Scotland in April/May (1 Viewer)

I was hoping that I could leave my ferries open for early April , but sounds like I will have to get them booked up now and the Sea Eagle Hide.
Sid

Hi Sid,
Re ferry booking - there is a lovely short ferry crossing from Lochaline in Morvern to Fishnish on Mull. You don't need to book, just arrive and queue. The service is frequent.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone , The layby info, link for the boat trip, The Anthrax !!!. and the venison burgers whilst waiting , sounds good :t:

Gordons book was ordered Monday night (2nd class post)from Buckingham Press, email that it was posted Tuesday.......arrived this morning, excellent service Buckingham Press :clap::clap::t: after a quick look inside it looks like I may well be there until christmas now;)
Thanks
Sid

Hi Sid check out Bob McMillans excellent site for Skye (usually updated daily)

http://www.skye-birds.com/

Bob's a very approachable and incredibly helpful guy email him before your visit and he'll keep you updated.

Apologies if site has already been posted I quickly skimmed through posts and might have missed it

Hi Sid,
Re ferry booking - there is a lovely short ferry crossing from Lochaline in Morvern to Fishnish on Mull. You don't need to book, just arrive and queue. The service is frequent.

And it's a beautiful atmospheric drive from the Corran ferry through the hills to Lochaline. Can't decide whether I like that drive best in sunshine or when it's pouring down with mist over those wonderful mountains.

Sandra

And it's a beautiful atmospheric drive from the Corran ferry through the hills to Lochaline. Can't decide whether I like that drive best in sunshine or when it's pouring down with mist over those wonderful mountains.

Sandra

Sandra, whatever the weather its going to be a cracking 6 weeks I think.

Stewart, skye-birds.com added to favourites !

What would we do without Birdforum, all the information and kind people on here willing to share their experiences and skills its fantastic. Thank you :t:

Sid

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back