• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wanted to buy - Banding Pliers (1 Viewer)

Deb P

WANTED TO BUY - BANDING PLIERS

I have been banding/ringing for almost 2 years with the use of my Master Banders pliers, I would like some of my own as I will be going for my Master Bander's certificate soon. Does anyone have a used pair I could buy? I know they are not being made right now - I spent $100 on a few pair that were very poorly made and I could not use them.

Deb P.

Denis,

I have been checking on the size of the American bands and pliers. I believe your pliers that will close AA bands are 2.0 - I am a little concerned since I thought the OA bands which are our smallest (not counting hummingbird bands) are about 1.8 - maybe I am remembering wrong. Do you know if we can successfully use your pliers?

Regards

Deb P.

Hi Deb,

I'm afraid I don't have enough knowledge to answer your question. I would give the BTO a call and ask them - I'm sure it's a question they've been asked before.

"I believe your pliers that will close AA bands are 2.0 - I am a little concerned since I thought the OA bands which are our smallest (not counting hummingbird bands) are about 1.8 - maybe I am remembering wrong."

Deb P. The internal diameter of an AA is 2mm. The internal diameter of an OA is 1.98mm.
Have you tried the folowing for equipment.
http://www.afonet.org/english/Bands3.pdf
It is American.
Here is another supplier :-

GEY BAND AND TAG COMPANY William Gey 2940 Felton Road, P.O. Box 363, Norristown, PA 19404-0363 PHONE: (610) 277-3280 FAX: (610) 277-3282
Perhaps worth a try.

Regards

Malky.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back