• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Should I buy ELs now or wait for more new product releases this year? (1 Viewer)

tarheelbird

United States
Hello,
first time poster but I've been reading for months and used threads here to choose the used scope I got and have settled on buying EL 8.5x42s as well to upgrade from my Nikon M5 bins. However, between the AX Visio, leather limited edition CLs, and now the Baby S, I am wondering if anyone thinks a new version of the EL could be coming soon as well. I have only been birding for <2 years so I haven't followed product release schedules in the past to know if I should be patient.
Thanks

Hello,
first time poster but I've been reading for months and used threads here to choose the used scope I got and have settled on buying EL 8.5x42s as well to upgrade from my Nikon M5 bins. However, between the AX Visio, leather limited edition CLs, and now the Baby S, I am wondering if anyone thinks a new version of the EL could be coming soon as well. I have only been birding for <2 years so I haven't followed product release schedules in the past to know if I should be patient.
Thanks
They have just discontinued the 10x50 and 12x50 - The NL is the new EL

Hello,
Thanks
Considering the bargain prices available right now for 42mm EL’s, and the fact Swaro seems to moving away from EL platform , now is the time to snag what I call one of the top 4-5 best binoculars available.

Considering the bargain prices available right now for 42mm EL’s, and the fact Swaro seems to moving away from EL platform , now is the time to snag what I call one of the top 4-5 best binoculars available.
exactly what I was thinking - it's the best time ever to acquire the 8.5x42 EL. Prices are discounted for a brand new pair and they may go extinct soon. For all we know, Swaro may never make a bino in this niche again - the mid-wide-field category. Seems like only Nikon and Leica are interested in maintaining this size.

Hi, it seems like the 8.5x42 is going for $1999. Is that the low price you guys are talking about? Swarovski is promoting a 30% discount code if you sign up for their newsletter. I got the code and have been trying to apply it to a couple of binoculars on their site and it's not working. They got my email...and I got a useless discount code.

Hi, it seems like the 8.5x42 is going for $1999. Is that the low price you guys are talking about? Swarovski is promoting a 30% discount code if you sign up for their newsletter. I got the code and have been trying to apply it to a couple of binoculars on their site and it's not working. They got my email...and I got a useless discount code.
Send them a polite inquiry, not a nastygram, and see what happens.

Check these guys out also…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back