• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Emerald Tower (1 Viewer)

Jacamar

I need some information about the Emerald Tower resort in East Demerarra. It is along the Soesdyke-Linden Highway. Can anyone help me? I am planning on going there this month.

This info is from http://www.turq.com/guyana/

Emerald Tower (Cabin)
Booking Address:
c/o 74-75 Main Street, Georgetown
Telephone: 592-2-72011/5 Fax: 592-2-65691
Services & facilities:
Private bath/shower, swimming, transport available.
Rates:
Day $85 o/n $175-$265
Access by road
Eight cabins located at Madewini Creek. Nature resort all inclusive, sauna, swimming, nature trails and related activities, overland trips and customized tours.

Presumably you can call 'em on the above telephone no. and they would know how to get there.

Good Luck! That sounds like an amazing place with loads of great possibilities :t:

Thank you Rasmus.
I know that there probably isn't much info on this place, but does anyone know what kind of birds I should expect to find there?

This following info about the Emerald Towers is from "Where to watch birds in South America" by Nigel Wheatley:

Specialities: Little Chachalaca, Black-necked Aracari, Red-billed Toucan (note the taxonomic change; today included in White-throated Toucan - R. tucanus), Ferruginous-backed Antbird, Pompadour Cotinga, Cayenne Jay, Plumbeous Euphonia.

Others: Little Tinamou, Agami Heron, Green Ibis, Grey-lined Hawk, Marbled Woodquail, Rufous-sided Crake, Grey-fronted Dove, Red-bellied & Red-shoudered Macaws, Black-bellied Cuckoo, Grey Potoo, (Eastern) Long-billed Hermit, White-necked Jacobin, Fork-tailed Woodnymph, Blue-crowned Motmot, Paradise Jacamar, Swallow-wing, Channel-billed Toucan, Chestnu & Ringed Woodpeckers, Lineated Woodcreeper, Mouse-coloured Antshrike, Black-headed Antbird, Blue-backed & White-bearded Manakins, Painted Tody-flycatcher, White-lored Tyrranulet, Helmeted Pygmy-tyrant, Greyish Mourner, Yellow-throated Flycatcher, Lemon-chested Greenlet, Black-capped Donacobius, Coraya Wren, (Neotropical) River Warbler, Pectorial Sparrow, Fulvous-crested Tanager, White-vented Euphonia.

Above are obviously only a small sample of the possibilities....

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back