• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sandwell Valley (6 Viewers)

Peregrine was perched in front of Visitor Centre at 13.00. Camera was in locker per Wali Taylor
Good Birding YAMYAM

Salters Lane
Only things of note :-
Buzzard x2, Raven, Mistle Thrush x2 and Ring Necked Parakeet
Good Birding YAMYAM

Forge Mill

Teal c16
Goosander x12
Shoveler x21
Wigeon x7
Gadwall c8
Kingfisher
Cormorant
Lapwing c14
Mute Swan x18
Canada goose c90
Green woodpecker
Carrion Crow c46
Coot c39
Oystercatcher

Good Birding YAMYAM

Just a note to say Pete Carless is in Hospital at the moment and more than likely he will be in all week I'd like to wish him a speedy recovery Dave

Good Birding YAMYAM

Last edited:
If anyone’s about around the lake in the next couple of days, I had a possible LRP flyover this morning. Heard only and briefly, I was by the compound on Forge Mill carpark. Lots of noise, but sounded like it was heading down river. Far from certain, but may be worth keeping an eye around the island.per Matt Hadlington
Good Birding YAMYAM

Also from the Centre
Goosander x12, Lapwing c14, Sparrowhawk, Oystercatcher x2 island and Buzzard

Good Birding YAMYAM

Feeding Station
Bullfinch c12, Chaffinch c22, Greenfinch c12, Reed Bunting c10, Willow tit x2, Coal tit x2, Long Tailed Tit x2, Ring Necked Parakeets x8, Fieldfare and Redpoll

Good Birding YAMYAM

Last edited:
Swan Pool: 11 little grebe, adult Common Gull. No sign of firecrest at Hill Top per Steve Lilly
Good Birding YAMYAM

Common gull, 200 hundred bhgulls couldn't see if anything was amongst them fieldfare was new for the year, about 7 goosander plus other wildfowl .Nice to hear reed bunt singing water rails calling and plenty of siskins about per Dave Waite
Good Birding YAMYAM

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back