• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Question about buying overseas. (1 Viewer)

...watched a crow sit on a limb 30 ft way on my friends deck and preen and eyeball that pizza. It was really fun because at the table you could rest your elbows and get perfectly steady views of that crow. It honestly was about the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in a binocular. The light was perfect and the detail at that distance in the 10x Zeiss really and finally convinced me that the alpha binoculars are worth the investment. If you got it then spend it.

... and that in a nutshell is why alphas exist. Most folks are happy to get 90% or whatever of the performance of an alpha at 50% or less the cost, but that extra performance is there for those who can afford it, albeit you pay dearly for that last few percent. At one point I tried to avoid looking through binoculars I knew I couldn't afford for that reason. Once you have experienced just how good top optics can be, it can be hard to go back even that five to ten percent.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back