• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yucatan Mexico birds - one more batch (1 Viewer)

ogurvits

Hello,

I have one more batch of pics from Yucatan, Mexico that I am not sure about. Can someone help id them? Click on the links to see the pictures:

Bird 1 - from Coba. Not sure which finch it is.

The rest of the birds are from Camino Vigia Chico next to Sian Ka'an:
Bird 2: White-eyed vireo?

Bird 3?

Bird 4?

Bird 5 - Least flycatcher?

Bird 6 - which flycatcher?

Bird 7?

Bird 8 - sorry for the poor image. Is this a seedeater of some sort?

I'd go for
1 Indigo Bunting
3 Greenish Elaenia
4 Common Yellowthroat
5 Least Flycatcher
6 Least Flycatcher
7 Olivaceous Woodcreeper
8 Blue Bunting

Get more opinions though

I probably should not write this, but no 2 looks like a smaller bird with a smaller bill than the species that has been proposed.

Any more photos?

Niels

Niels I think we're just seeing the bill in profile and perhaps not all of it. Other possible/likely smallish flycatchers there are N Beardless Tyrannulet, Greenish Elaenia, Northern Bentbill, Eye-ringed Flatbill, Stub-tailed Spadebill, Tropical Pewee, and Least Flycatcher. I think we can throw out Myiarchus types and larger :) To me it's definitely not a vireo or warbler or tanager. The yellow breast, yellow tufts at the leading edge of the wing, greyish head, pale eye, pale lores, lack of crest, and tail-length all look good for the Tolmomyias. Only other remotely close birds would be Greenish Elaenia (should have longer tail and dark eye and more of an eye stripe) or N Beardless Tyrannulet (which should be greyer and crested).

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back