• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler sound in Tehran, Iran (1 Viewer)

mitra.daneshvar

Hello all,

I recorded this sound in a small park in the center of Tehran, few days ago.

I just saw the bird for a few seconds on the top branches of a tree and I am sure it was a warbler.

I appreciate your help.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Audio 2020-05-04 at 5.17.29 PM.mp3
    117.3 KB · Views: 40
All I would say is that the rhythm and pitch is not dissimilar to Reed Warbler, other than that...I can’t be more specific.

Cheers

I'm not sure if it is usual to see Reed Warbler in a small green area in city. Actually, my first guess was Olivaceous Warbler. Is it possible?

I think you are right with Eastern Olivaceous Warbler. I remeber when I heard my first EOW that I thought to listen to a slightly strange Reed Warbler...

I'm not sure if it is usual to see Reed Warbler in a small green area in city. Actually, my first guess was Olivaceous Warbler. Is it possible?

It is more than possible to find warbler species in small city parks, indeed over the last twenty years I’ve done just that. Small green areas of cover within a concrete jungle “concentrate” migrants during migration periods, much in the same way as offshore islands offer cover and food in the midst of a hostile surround.

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back