• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another hello from Vancouver (1 Viewer)

RetroGrouch

Hi all,

I'm new to birding, so please forgive me if I ask the odd stupid question. (I'll always try to look for an existing answer before I post. Promise.)

Heading into retirement and I live right by Stanley Park, which seems to have a decent variety of birds.

I never get bored of the bald eagles, and visit a couple of nests in the park almost every day to see how the young ones are doing. Saw a pileated woodpecker yesterday, and heard (but didn't quite see) what I suspect was a barred owl last week. Also a really weird gull yesterday, but he may just have been deformed? (Long, extremely down-curved curved beak.)

Really basic stuff, but to me it's exciting.

Mike

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will fund us to be a friendly and helpful group.

Hi Mike and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back