• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

D2H is it worth it (1 Viewer)

Hello i am looking into buying a new camera body after i purchase a better birding lense for my nikon D50 i was wondering if the Nikon D2H is worth buying i am looking at the megapixles 4.1 is this going to be bad for bird photography? any suggestions on which body to buy? thank you.

Hi D50birdshooter this is a wonderfull camera for sports and action dont be put off by the four megapixels this camera will shoot at eight frames per second and can buffer over 50 pictures at a time its awesome its also fairly old technology i dont know much about it this is what my friend told me i use the nikon d200 which is superb and cheeper also the d80 is a superb buy all my friends have this camera i prefer the d200 because you can shoot at five frames per second and the autofocus system is slightly better if you can afford it buy the nikon d2x this camera blows any of the others away and so it should for the price my advise is go test all the cameras see which best suits you also choose lenses wisely buy good glass you wont regret it.I HOPE THIS HELPS AND HAPPY SHOOTING.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back