• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Green as grass (1 Viewer)

1973CJ5

Hello,

Just joined the forum and want to learn as much as I can about digiscoping. I just purchased a Pentax PF 80 ED A 20x60x80 spotting scope. I know there is no such thing as a perfect digiscoping set up, but what you recommend for camera and adapters for this spotting scope.

Thanks in advance for suggestions,

1973CJ5

I use this scope with a baader hyperion eyepiece 13mm & nikon V1, fixed eyepieces are better than zoom.....a fantastic set-up, I use a 40.5mm-43mm step-up ring that attaches
the 10-30mm camera lens to the scope eyepiece...

Attachments

• _DSC2413_01.JPG
    _DSC2413_01.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 97
Thanks

I use this scope with a baader hyperion eyepiece 13mm & nikon V1, fixed eyepieces are better than zoom.....a fantastic set-up, I use a 40.5mm-43mm step-up ring that attaches
the 10-30mm camera lens to the scope eyepiece...

Thanks Mark! I appreciate the information and will look at the camera, eyepiece, and step up ring.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back