• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UK and Europe Android Bird Guide (1 Viewer)

Installed this yesterday and been having a play with it. Couple of points.

The text clips the last two characters on the right, the text wraps but the rightmost characters are missing.

If you pick a group in one topic, eg purple flowers in flowers and then go to another topic eg Eurobirds and then browse all birds the species name still has the previous group in it, eg Grey Heron (Purple Flowers).

It would be nice to have a search facility. If I have just seen what I think is, say, a Marsh Warbler, it is a bit of a faff flicking through trying to find it.

But even with these points it is a great resource and congrats to all concerned. Are there plans to get it onto Android Market as this would make installation more friendly as folk don't like ticking the "untrusted sources" box.

Thanks again

Installed this yesterday and been having a play with it. Couple of points.

The text clips the last two characters on the right, the text wraps but the rightmost characters are missing.

If you pick a group in one topic, eg purple flowers in flowers and then go to another topic eg Eurobirds and then browse all birds the species name still has the previous group in it, eg Grey Heron (Purple Flowers).

It would be nice to have a search facility. If I have just seen what I think is, say, a Marsh Warbler, it is a bit of a faff flicking through trying to find it.

But even with these points it is a great resource and congrats to all concerned. Are there plans to get it onto Android Market as this would make installation more friendly as folk don't like ticking the "untrusted sources" box.

Thanks again

Those problems are being worked on (the text issue has been evident from the very first test betas) and I have some issues with "long" images being cut short, despite my hi res screen. This problem is also being looked at.

Any bug reports or requests for further development need to be sent to the website. I really must ask her to join this forum.

I can't see this being added to the market, that takes money. If that looks like a hint......it was ;)

Pete

Hi guys

I am the author of this free software and also a bird interested beginner (I have been a birding beginner for many many years).

Pete suggested I join this forum and open a dedicated thread for Nature Explorer here:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?p=2273362#post2273362

I am considering a dedicated European Bird program for Android and Windows desktop. Any thoughts? Please write them on the above thread. :)

Sarah

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back