• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Matt's watercolors (1 Viewer)

Hi Matt!

Catching up on your thread after a few months away from the forum. Excellent work here as always. I love sparrows, and your Chipping and White-crowned are top rate.

Matty, just came across a jewel of yours just breathtaking, the canada warbler. It came up when I used an app reccommened here of tapatalk. Its an old post where you speak of Lana paper and Arches. I just wanted to say of the arches does not pick up the washes the way you like you can soak a piece in a tub for about 5 min and then some of the sizing goes out of it and just enough remains to take up washes. I ussed to to a very rare from of watercolor made up of 200-400 washes of transparent color ( possilbe tho very difficult to learn) and this is how I treated the 140# Arches cold press.

Thanks for the ideas Colleen. I've adapted to the Arches, but still prefer the old W&N. The Lana paper is pretty decent as well.

Here is a drawing of the thief that is regularly raiding our feeder.

Attachments

• RedSquirrel.gif
    RedSquirrel.gif
    82.3 KB · Views: 48
Some commissioned horses from Christmas. Now that I won't be spoiling any surprises I can post them.
Transparent watercolor
18 x 24in
140lb Arches HP Paper

Attachments

• horsefull.jpg
    horsefull.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 65
  • horse1.jpg
    horse1.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 39
  • horse2.jpg
    horse2.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 46
Great job on the bird feeder thief, and really wonderful work on the equine commissions! I'm sure their recipient(s) were very happy to receive them.

Im glad to see some water work in here, very elegant and the close up of the legs just shows the work gone in. Brilliant Matty B :)

Amazing work Matty - love the horses - and couldn't help but like the spider - very well done!

I also loved the painting of the canada warbler...and all your backgrounds are so impressive! I'm green with envy!

I've been pulled away with other projects for a while. Back to the birds... a Northern Cardinal and Brown Pelican

Attachments

• brpelican.gif
    brpelican.gif
    55.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Ncardinal.gif
    Ncardinal.gif
    48.3 KB · Views: 42
Great work on the pelican and cardinal! When watching pelicans, my first thought is to wonder how they get (and stay) airborne...

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back