• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pagham again late October/early November (1 Viewer)

Good idea Reg, I'll try and find out....

That didn't take long....I quote.....

Saturday 17th November ~ Winter Wildfowl Watch

A workshop aimed at those newer to bird watching who wish to develop their skills. A short introduction is followed by 3+ hours of fieldwork on the Reserve at a relaxed pace. The Warden will help you to identify winter birds passing through. Bring sturdy footwear, waterproofs and lunch if required. Also bring binoculars and/or telescope if you have them. Basic binoculars are available for loan (advice on optics will be given). Sorry no dogs.

Booking essential on 01243 641508. £5 per person (£3 for Friends of Pagham Harbour members). 9.30am to 1pm. Meet at the Visitor Centre, Selsey Road, Sidlesham.

So if everyone's happy, I suggest we make it 17/11/07, the Winter Wildfowl watch, followed by our own thing until it gets dark....then the pub....suggest we book early...

Cheers Paul!

I will see 'my lot' for numbers and will book shortly when we have guaged reaction to the proposal. I'm still going though!

All the very best,
Reg

Saturday 17th November ~ Winter Wildfowl Watch

I don't think I can make that day. My son is playing in a concert that evening and probably can't get back in time unless I leave really early. You people go ahead without me and we'll catch up another time, perhaps Pannel Valley later on in the winter. You'd love it there, Paul. (It's become my favourite Sussex place.)

Joanne

Last edited:
I don't think I can make that day. My son is playing at Glyndebourne that evening and probably can't get back in time unless I leave really early. You people go ahead without me and we'll catch up another time, perhaps Pannel Valley later on in the winter. You'd love it there, Paul. (It's become my favourite Sussex place.)

Joanne

That's a shame Joanne. See you next time....

Hi Paul
This looks good to us. Liz and I will attend. Enjoyed the last on a lot. Will let Reg know we are attending.

Terry and Liz

I already know! SPOOKY!

Am booking tomorrow (Thurs) and will confirm here!

Have agreat time on Scilly! I'll stay here with 'silly'!

All the best,
Reg.

Last edited:
Hi Paul - I started a thread for this in the Birding meets thread ages ago and no one responded!!?

I'll join you on the 17th if possible but I plan to go down before then to catch passage winter migrants - probably in next couple of weeks

D

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back