• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding between Bodega Bay and Yosemite (1 Viewer)

Hi All
I have tonight uploaded my trip report to California on my web site . We had a fantastic time in marvellous weather.
Thanks to all who helped.
Sue

Glad you made it back safe Sue. Yosemite is such an international tourist attraction that most of us wait until after Labor Day (beginning of September) to visit the park. I'm glad your trip went fairly well, and I love the pictures on your website.

Hi All
I have tonight uploaded my trip report to California on my web site . We had a fantastic time in marvellous weather.
Thanks to all who helped.
Sue

Great report Sue. Lovely read. Brought back lots of memories and you saw some birds I have never seen and I'd been there 15 years. Excellent

I noticed you were in landscape shock. Anyone passing through the California heartland should be prepared for dry grasslands/ farmlands or high desert scrub, and hilly dry scrub during the late spring, summer, and fall. This part of the mythetical "west" is true.

Hi All
We are British birding couple who are booked on a couple of pelagics out of Bodega Bay and Fort Bragg in late July and early August and spending a few days in Yosemite National Park. We have a few days spare and wonder where they would be best spent to maximise our birding list. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Sue

We are also a birding couple going to California at a similar time this year any suggestions would be appreciated.About the pelagics and anywhere you would especially recommend .Thank you Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back