• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Song Download for Ipod (1 Viewer)

bryan0755

I'm looking for a comprehensive down load of British Birdsong for my ipod, tried RSPB but it keeps crashing my computer.
Anyone been successful?

bryan0755 said:
I'm looking for a comprehensive down load of British Birdsong for my ipod, tried RSPB but it keeps crashing my computer.
Anyone been successful?

Hi Bryan

I have loaded the complete 4 disk set of Jean C Roche's European Bird Song on to my MP3 player, it works just great and does not take too much room. Drop me a PM and we will get you sorted out.

Mick baron

Leeds.

I did not want to start a new thread, but just wondering, how people have managed N America?

I have a piece of software that gave me some 300 songs. The rest of the songs are there on the CD rom but unlabeled. I could ID them and type in 400 birds by hand.

I share this iPod with my son, so he has been some help.

As I said, I now have an iPod with my son, 30GB. I have 300 bird songs on it, plus 6 albums of music. He has 3000 songs, LOL. I t took me 10 years to collect my first 3000 songs.

We put in the birdsongs as the artist Birdsongs, the "albums" we named Flycatchers, Gulls, Shorebirds etc.

It turns out I have all 700 birdsongs on a CD ROM. I copied and renamed all the FLycatchers and Kingbirds mp3s, some 30. I have no plans to retype all 700. The files have number names as they came.

Anyone been successful?

I have the 4 CD set of the Independent bird songs and the 2 CD set of the British Library on my IPOD. As invaluable as Collins when out birding IMHO.

I've just bought an iPod and the main purpose is for bird songs and calls, (as well as music), so I'm going to search for bird song on the net.

Hi All
I missed the first two cd's from the Independant. Does anyone know where I may be able to buy back issues ? The link on the Independant site appears sold out .

Thanks

For North America, the Stokes Field Guide to Bird Songs, Eastern Region works nicely. I ripped the 3 CDs to my iPod and the songs come out categorized and as individual files so it is easy to search for a particular bird and to create playlists of group of birds. The name of the bird is spoken at the beginning of each file but there is commercial software available (www.birdjam.com) that will remove the spoken part or you could edit it out using some open source software, like Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net).

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back