• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leupold Golden Rings (1 Viewer)

Justin

Leupold Gold Rings

Has anybody had a chance to try the Leupold Gold Rings yet? All the marketing suggests they will give the European models some good competition.

Justin

Last edited:
Justin said:
Has anybody had a chance to try the Leupold Golden Rings yet? All the marketing suggests they will give the European models some good competition.

Justin
What marketing suggests, reality corrects. :bounce:

Justin said:
Has anybody had a chance to try the Leupold Gold Rings yet? All the marketing suggests they will give the European models some good competition.

Justin

Justin. Maybe a little late to answer. But I just got here.
I am not a birder but a Hunter. Leupold's rep in hunting scopes is mighty! They make some of the best glass anywhere. I would rate leupold's premium scopes as better than the Zeiss Conquest and Kahles models. I have not been able to do a side by side comparison to Swarovski's PH series. But they are very good scopes. Supposedly made in the US but I don't know where the glass is made. The best thing about Leupold is thier bullet proof construction and no questions asked lifetime warranty. I bought a used scope from a private owner. I wanted the focus set closer for use on a .22 rifle. Leupold did it free even though I told them I was not the original owner.
As of yet, no dealers here in Oklahoma have the gold rings for me to try. I believe the 8x42 will be around $700.00 US. Maybe with the weak dollar, Europeans may get a better deal! Anyway, I will venture that they are worth a look, judging from the quality of the rifle scopes (which scopes the US army snipers use)
okcmco

okcmco said:
Justin. Maybe a little late to answer. But I just got here.
I am not a birder but a Hunter. Leupold's rep in hunting scopes is mighty! They make some of the best glass anywhere. I would rate leupold's premium scopes as better than the Zeiss Conquest and Kahles models. I have not been able to do a side by side comparison to Swarovski's PH series. But they are very good scopes. Supposedly made in the US but I don't know where the glass is made. The best thing about Leupold is thier bullet proof construction and no questions asked lifetime warranty. I bought a used scope from a private owner. I wanted the focus set closer for use on a .22 rifle. Leupold did it free even though I told them I was not the original owner.
As of yet, no dealers here in Oklahoma have the gold rings for me to try. I believe the 8x42 will be around $700.00 US. Maybe with the weak dollar, Europeans may get a better deal! Anyway, I will venture that they are worth a look, judging from the quality of the rifle scopes (which scopes the US army snipers use)
okcmco

OKCMCO,

Thanks for your input. I am familiar with Leupold scopes and second your opinion concerning their performance. I'm really curious to see how this new binocular will perform. Judging from their other products I wouldn't be surprised if it does really well against the Swarovskis, Leicas and Zeiss.

Justin

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back