• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Allbinos 10X42 UV HD + review... (1 Viewer)

The conclusion of all the All Binos.com reviews is, indeed, that the Leicas are on the same quality level for many years.

The Trinovid's, Ultravid's (BR/HD/ HDplus) it doesn't matter.

I have compared my Trinovid 10 x 42 (2012 model and the same as the former Ultravid BR), with a Ultravid HD and Ultravid HD plus. And I couldn't see any difference at all. Also the owners of the Ultarvid and Ultravid plus couldn't see the differences. During day or night. They are optically the same.

Yes, you know what you buy. But the differences in price between the different types Leica's are huge. And I think the problem with Leica is that there is no progression.

On the other side I love the Leica's, pure colour, etc. You hate them or you love them.

Kind regards.

Kees, Schiermonnikoog, Netherlands.

I had a Trinovid 10x42 and now use a 10x42 HD Ultravid. To me to be honest the Ultravid has a brighter sharper view

Leica is good at what they are good at. I really like that they didn’t change the Ultravid design/body and mechanics and
I know some others feel the same way, but I think us old-fashioned weirdos may be in the minority.
Someone mentioned in another thread that the Zeiss FL was a fine binocular and wondered why it was discontinued.
The FL 8x32 is still my favorite from Zeiss and sometimes think I should grab one while places like Eagle Optics still have stock.

Most people are waiting for Leica to bring out something more “competitive” or in line with the other top dogs.
I’m interested to see what they come out with too, but I’m sure it still won’t diminish
the high regard I have for the 7x42 UV+ I recently acquired. They still compete well with the other alphas in terms of
quality and apparently the HD+has some outstanding user reviews here on the forum despite the lower transmission test results.

I’m more interested to see a new 32mm from Leica and hoping the eye relief is good, but that will be a long wait.

All of the Alpha or top models are overpriced, not just Leica. But, I paid too much for the 7x42+. It’s now a few hundred dollars
cheaper new than what I originally paid.

If rumors are correct, Leica is releasing a new top bin ‘soon’. I’m interested to see what direction they go in with the new model.
I especially hope it’s lighter yet and still relatively compact.

Leica is good at what they are good at. I really like that they didn’t change the Ultravid design/body and mechanics and
I know some others feel the same way, but I think us old-fashioned weirdos may be in the minority.
Someone mentioned in another thread that the Zeiss FL was a fine binocular and wondered why it was discontinued.
The FL 8x32 is still my favorite from Zeiss and sometimes think I should grab one while places like Eagle Optics still have stock.

Most people are waiting for Leica to bring out something more “competitive” or in line with the other top dogs.
I’m interested to see what they come out with too, but I’m sure it still won’t diminish
the high regard I have for the 7x42 UV+ I recently acquired. They still compete well with the other alphas in terms of
quality and apparently the HD+has some outstanding user reviews here on the forum despite the lower transmission test results.

I’m more interested to see a new 32mm from Leica and hoping the eye relief is good, but that will be a long wait.

All of the Alpha or top models are overpriced, not just Leica. But, I paid too much for the 7x42+. It’s now a few hundred dollars
cheaper new than what I originally paid.

If rumors are correct, Leica is releasing a new top bin ‘soon’. I’m interested to see what direction they go in with the new model.
I especially hope it’s lighter yet and still relatively compact.

I have a Zeiss 8x32 FL Its a superb little Bin. One I would not part with

I also find my 10x42 Ultravid HD better then the Zeiss 10x42 FL I had. And you no what the Albinos review said about them

I am incapable of arguing with Albinos measurements, however I can state a user opinion, I`v compared HD with HD+, and my HD+ with a BN, what Leica have offered in the HD+ is very clear to me, others have stated they can see no difference.

On a Leica video a claim is made that they have improved transmission in the blue/violet end of the spectrum, this its claimed improves contrast and depth perception, this is evident to me giving the HD+ a wonderful "lush" clarity which I love.

They seem to have reached a balance between brightness and colour fidelity which maintains colour saturation, rather than giving the slightly washed out colours I see in others.

The Ultravid may well have reached the limit of its design, I still would`nt swap it for an SV or SF.

Here`s hoping for a Birding Perger soon from Leica.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back