• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stay-on case (1 Viewer)

Moosebird

Hi all,
The front flap on my Opticron stay-on case doesn't fit over the lens of my ES 80. Does anyone know if other manufacturers make cases which would fit this scope? Thanks, Moosebird.

I,ve got an ES80 scope and Opticron stay-on case ,no problems with fit. Have you got the right one for your scope ?

Opticron make two stay-on cases for the ES80 GA scope. One is a black model and the other is a green padded model similar to the skua models. I have the green case which fits perfectly

Chris Galvin said:
Opticron make two stay-on cases for the ES80 GA scope. One is a black model and the other is a green padded model similar to the skua models. I have the green case which fits perfectly
Thanks for that Chris; I have the black model, which came with the scope, so I may contact Opticron and enquire about the green one.

My stay on case fits O.K. too, though I do have to unzip the front end if I want to extend the sunshade/rainguard.

Chris Galvin said:

I gather the green case is only available for the MKII ES80. Anybody know if it'll fit the old-style?

hollis_f said:
I gather the green case is only available for the MKII ES80. Anybody know if it'll fit the old-style?
Thanks for the info everyone. Does anyone know if Skua do a case for the old ES80?

Moosebird said:
Thanks for the info everyone. Does anyone know if Skua do a case for the old ES80?
I have the black stay-on case which came with my old ES80GAED package from In Focus about 3 years ago and in my view it's the only thing that lets the scope down. It's nasty, shiny, the wrong colour and the velcro fastenings are particularly noisy, especially in a hide. What's more, the stitching recently broke on the strap resulting in the scope dropping off my shoulder and damaging the twist-up eye-cup sleeve on my new SDL zoom lens. But all credit to Opticron for replacing the eye-cup sleeve free of charge by return. I've also found their service excellent previously. But does anyone know of a decent alternative, preferable green canvas, stay-on case?

Chris Galvin said:

I have the new ES80 with the black case - it all fits perfectly.

Someone on bird forum (can't remember who - sorry!) has this combo and like others have mentioned thought the velcron too noisy. He bought some velcro strip and 'velcroed' it to the velcro on the case (does that make sense?). Now the flap doesn't velcro shut, he just lifts it up noise-free.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back