• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Albino baby long tailed tit (1 Viewer)

LaLaLara

Hello all

I saw this baby long tailed tit in the garden earlier - I think it is albino as I cannot find any other pictures of white LTTs. I watched it for half an hour and saw adult LTTs feeding it. After a while I had to leave and it is no longer there although I think it must be somewhere around as I can see the parents and hear them calling.

Is this an unusual bird to see as an albino? I hope it will be ok.

Attachments

• DSCN2175.JPG
    DSCN2175.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 332
  • DSCN2176.JPG
    DSCN2176.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 240
With those red eyes, I've got to assume it's a true albino.

What a spectacular find of this beautiful juvie.

I don't know how I missed this but oh my!

If they weren't cute enough in normal state, this is really cute. I hope it has a long, happy life.

What a charming ball of cotton!!! :bounce: I've never seen one like this, it's like a tiny cuddle toy!!!

A million thanks for sharing!!! :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back