• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Back Green Today (1 Viewer)

Cosworthlady

I daren't move so I have no pictures but me and the cat sat and watched all these birds from the garden chair this afternoon. It was exceptionally warm too.

Black headed gull x3
Lesser black backed gull x 5/6
Greater Black Backed gull x 1
2 robins
umteen starlings
even more sparrows
2 blue tits
1 great tit
3 magpies
Mr and Mrs Blackbird
and the biggest amount of pigeons in the world LOL

I had put out uneaten cat food which always brings the gulls and magpies and the rest were enjoying their seed and fat balls.

The cat incidentally (Colonel Crusty Pants) just watches. He's far too lazy to do anything. As a precaution though I only let him out mid morning and mid afternoon. He's never out overnight, early morning or early evening. He only likes to go out for half an hour at a time too. He wears three bells and a metal dog name barrell. At christmas the local kids thought it was Santa's sleigh bells but it was just Pants' bells tolling LOL.

Attachments

• ABCD0019.JPG
    ABCD0019.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 31
Hi Ann

That's a good list of birds to see from your
garden chair! :t:

But Un-eaten catfood is a concept I (and our
two cats) have a bit of trouble comprehending! ;)

Cheers

Great name for a cat Ann lol!
Sounds like you did'nt have to move far to see a nice variety of birds. :t:

Nice way to spend a sunny afternoon Ann. I never get the chance of putting out uneaten cat food, my Samson soon polishes his off all by himself!! but then he's a greedy puss! Lovely Puss cat you've got there.

It must have been nice to see that lot in your garden Ann. Uneaten cat food eh. Well I keep trying to get the gulls down into my garden. If I put cat food out I think it would be the neighborhoods cats that appeared LOL.

Hi Anne,

Now that's what I call a way to enjoy a garden. Sounds like a good list to me; except no big black ones! On the other hand you get Gulls and I don't.

That's a great set of whiskers on your cat.

Bill

You and the Colonel certainly had a good selection of birds visiting, Ann. Love his name! Hmmmm ... uneaten catfood? Nope, my Milly doesn't understand that either!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back