• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sightron SII Blue Sky HD Binoculars (1 Viewer)

cycleguy

I was on the Sightron website looking for a rifle scope for big game season this fall and clicked on the binoculars tab and noticed a Sii Blue Sky HD series listed as new for 2019. They are showing 8x42 and a 10x42 models.

Has anyone tried these? So much talk about the bang for buck non HD x32 models ... I hope those qualities carry over to these. Appear to be just under $300 US online special order.

CG

Here was the thread on them and the "Mini Review."

https://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=375965&highlight=sightron+blue+sky

"I received the 8x42 Sightron Blue Sky II HD's today.
Bottom line is - don't bother. Another cheap Chinese binocular they slapped "HD" on and are no doubt hoping to sell on the reputation of the excellent Phillipine-made BS II 8x32's (that I have happily owned for years now).
What a huge disappointment. Sightron should be ashamed of themselves.
The focus wheel had more slack than any binocular I've ever handled. When I went to adjust the diopter, a hair! fell into the view inside the barrel and it would move as I adjusted the diopter. At this point, I was actually laughing out loud. Add to that the barrels were clearly misaligned.
Only bright spots were the light weight and decent eyecups. Image was reasonably bright but had plenty of edge distortion and focusing was almost impossible with the sloppy focus wheel.
Don't bother! I can't return these fast enough."

Last edited:
Good reporting gentlemen!!!

It was sad to see that their hunting scopes have taken a back seat to tactical, and their only hunting offering was entry level. They had a great mid level hunting scope not too long ago in the Sightron SII Big Sky...

The times they are a changin"

CG

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back