• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pictures to CD. (1 Viewer)

Henry B

Recommendations for free software to put pictures on to disc,have Piccassa but are there any others to try ? thankyou. hb

Not sure what you are asking, is it just backing up or making fancy photo CDs, don't know about the fancy ones but for backing up or storage use whatever you have Roxio or Nero? and just burn a Data CD with the photos you want to save, that's what I used to do before I bought an external hard drive.

Mick

Thank,s for replies lads, I,ll try the Snapfiles one.I did have Nero installed but seemed to have deleted it or something, I downloaded the new trial version but it was too complicated for me and deleted it,I did manage to work the one I had before. You may have guessed PCs and me aren,t very compatible . hb

Still having probs,I think [I,m sure], picked the pics I wanted to put to disc but when I press the Burn button it keeps telling me to put a disc in. I,ve tried several new discs but keeps coming up with same msg, .

Keith, I did have an older version of Nero,which I no longer seem to have, then tried the new Nero trial version ,which I could not work and then deleted it. The latest one was the Snapfile, which would not recognise any disc offered to it.then it came up with an error 139 [i think] so that got deleted also. The PC has XP pro.

Addendum. also I could not see what I was selecting ,only the dates of picture taken ,is it possible to see pic before adding to list for burning to CD.

Henry B said:
The latest one was the Snapfile
Which one, Henry?

Snapfiles is just the name of the website, not of any software. If you can let me know which program you installed I'll have a go with it and see what I can work out.

Incidentally, when you say you're "deleting" software, you really mean you're uninstalling it properly, don't you?

Simply deleting software without uninstalling it is a great way to stuff your PC right up.

Henry B said:
Keith,it more or less started automatically ,was called Freeburner.exe from www.koyotesoft.com....I did do the uninstall procedure when I said deleting.

I cannot see what the problem is. I simply put in a CD into the computer, give the disk a name, transfer the images I want onto the disk either direct from the Compact Flash card via the card reader, or from the computer's hard disk if I have downloaded them from the CF. Having ckecked all the images are on the CD, I burn the disk on the computers built in disk burn setting. And there it is, no programs, software or anything.

I burn the disk on the computers built in disk burn setting
Good point - that's why I asked about the OS.

Henry, when you open the folder with the images in, there should be an option in the bar across the top of the folder window which says "copy all items to CD".

Does that work?

Go into your PCs help pages, search for "burn" and you'll get intructions on how to use the built-in burner.

Windows Media Player 10 has a built-in burner too.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back