• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Various hummers (1 Viewer)

adamstrudwick

Any idea what these all are? All seen in Soberania National Park

Attachments

• AJS_1179a.jpg
    AJS_1179a.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 33
  • AJS_1243a.jpg
    AJS_1243a.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 22
  • AJS_1247a.jpg
    AJS_1247a.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 24
  • AJS_1262a.jpg
    AJS_1262a.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 26
  • AJS_1266a.jpg
    AJS_1266a.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 29
2 and 5 look like white-necked jacobin. Don't know the others yet, once I'm done with my world hummingbirds project should be able to help more with these sorts of requests.

Is 3 what a long-billed hermit looks like? Not sure... I would check out garden emerald for 4 but don't know the emeralds too well yet.

Last edited:
If you have any type of book, then the Jacobin should be easy.

3 is a Long-tailed Hermit in my old book, so yes long-billed hermit.

More in doubt about the remaining two, but 4 could easily be a garden emerald if the tail actually was forked.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back