• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tawny Eagle (1 Viewer)

L'argonnais

France
Hello,

bird seen last month in Namibia, Etosha national park , west part, Tobieroen waterhole. I was wondering if it is a Booted Eagle ; until I saw the white lower parts ; I guess it the sign of a juvenile of Tawny Eagle. But of course, I m not familiar with all these eagles seen for the first time or almost. Confirmation would be appreciated.

JR

Attachments

• DSC_7263_AM.JPG
    DSC_7263_AM.JPG
    929.9 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC_7271_AM.JPG
    DSC_7271_AM.JPG
    298 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_7273_AM.JPG
    DSC_7273_AM.JPG
    713.8 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_7275_AM.JPG
    DSC_7275_AM.JPG
    292.2 KB · Views: 42
Hello Tom,
I did not remember very well that situation , and for me it was the same bird. After your remark, I checked more carefully , and you are right , the are two birds !!! well done !!!! Thanks a lot for this ; and thanks also for the identification.
I continue to check all the pictures I have ; more than 6 000 ; too many ! too much time to spend now to sort the pictures, identify and improve. At least, the vacations go on :)

JR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back