• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2 gulls with rings in Arnside today (1 Viewer)

Did you read all of the numbers Steve ? It should also have the name of a city museum which can at least give you country of origin if you don't get all of the number (they sometimes have letters as well).

During the recent icy spell we were able to identify birds ringed in Norway, Finland, Lithuania, Poland, The Netherlands and Britain, all on one day.

Did you read all of the numbers Steve ? It should also have the name of a city museum which can at least give you country of origin if you don't get all of the number (they sometimes have letters as well).

During the recent icy spell we were able to identify birds ringed in Norway, Finland, Lithuania, Poland, The Netherlands and Britain, all on one day.

I only got what is shown in the photo. Oh well, next time I'm there I'll look again, and try to get the complete reading.

At least I've learned a bit more!

Had another flick through my photos, and did come up with this one, which shows the prefix letters ST - does that help?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back