• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Raptor Rescue. (1 Viewer)

jnicholes

Hello everyone,

So, me and my father were driving, and while we were driving to Wyoming, we found an injured red-tailed hawk on the side of the road. It look like he got hit by a car. we pulled over, and took a look at him. The most we could do was move him away from the road where he might get hit again, so we did that. He was panting, breathing heavy, and he died shortly after.

Part of me feels a little sad that I could not get him to the animals in distress Association in time. However, that's death. There's no stopping it. At least some humans helping out in his final moments.

Pictures will be coming in a few days, as I don't have my computer with me.

Jared

it always saddens me to see road kill on the road.

Just remember you did you best in this situation so thank you.

Thank you for your kind words. It does sadden me also. You are right. I did my best, so that's something good. At least that Hawk is in a better place!

The pictures are not gruesome, there's no blood, no nothing. I don't have my computer with me, so I am unable to resize and post the pictures. I can probably post them on the 13th.

That's probably as close as I'll ever get to a wild Hawk.

Jared

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back