• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

David Measures 1937-2011 RIP (1 Viewer)

Bees in Art

I've just received the very sad news that David Measures has died. I was fortunate that David was my accessor at the RCA and that he was a selfless supporter of myself and my wife, our work and our gallery, and many other artists and students. I've had many interesting and amusing conversations with David, including the story of how his pet barn owl would bite his ankles whilst he was trying to use the loo. I last spoke to David in February and I was going to ring him to talk about his wonderful butterfly drawings, but alas have left it too late. We're both feeling very sad.

David's obituary in the Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obi...es/art-obituaries/8691948/David-Measures.html

Andrew

Thank you, Andrew.
A sad loss indeed - gentlemen such as David are rare gems and the world is a poorer place with the loss of him.

Oh noooooo :-C

I've got a few of his books and just love the simple way he captured the jizz of those butterflies and other insects.....mine never come out THAT recognisable for some bizarre reason :smoke:

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back