• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

EagleEye Generic Cable Release Good Cable Brand? (1 Viewer)

YellowBudgie

I have the EagleEye Generic Cable Release and only 1 out of the 3 cables I purchased for it can be used. 2 of the cables threads go in to the Cable Release over the shutter release button all the way giving me no thread left to turn and tighten. I have one cable that works but it barely makes it.

Can anyone suggest a quality cable for the EagleEye Generic Cable Release that will make a nice tight connection? I really like the cable I purchased that is made of nylon sheathing instead of plastic and had a nice thick round end to get your fingers around to screw it in. This one had too small of a threaded head to fit but I could tell it was a quality cable.

I'm hoping to find a cable like this that fits and has various lengths. My current cable length is too short and I need a new one. I'll put up a photo of the nice cable latter since I need to get ready for work.

Thanks

Cable Releases

I had the same problem until i went to Ritz camera and bought some Quantery cables.I`ve had no problems since then. Get a couple there pretty cheap ( in price not Quality). :t:

robert s said:
I had the same problem until i went to Ritz camera and bought some Quantery cables.I`ve had no problems since then. Get a couple there pretty cheap ( in price not Quality). :t:

Thanks Robert,

I was thinking of writing the company and asking what is the best fit brand possible. If I get an answer I can post it. I will take a look at Ritz. There's a really nice cable I purchased and would love to get the same type that fits the adapter.

See ya

Thanks Terry,

I'll check for an american company to order from or order from SRB-Griturn if they have some interesting adapters, etc... This is the same shutter release adapter someone else had reccomended to me as well. I like how the tighening knob looks vs. the Eagle Eye's two round nuts. I have issues with them comming off at times. I have a new EagleEye Bracket but having both is not a bad thing. Would anyone know if SRB-Griturn is the company that produces these? They sound familiar.

Thanks!

terry fogden said:
Try looking on www.SRB-Griturn.com, there's a shutter release set up on there with two different threads on it, and its made of stainless steel not aluminium. Mine works well with all my cables

I didn't find their adapter on a google search so I ordered from the web site. I also ordered their Shutter Release Cable 18" and their Shutter Release Cable 36". I'll see how the cables that the company sells are and hopefully they will mount well.

Thanks again.

robert s said:

I'm going to check them out soon since I decided to put in some orders. Since I'll have two adapters, an Eagle Eye and a SRB-Griturn I'll need cables for both. I actually purchased some cables from a Ritz at a mall location. They must have been a different type since they did not fit well or move smoothly. I'll have to check out the web site. I must have 5 shutter release cables by now. I ordered a replacement EagleEye Adapter for my stripped one and purchased their cables but they were on the short side.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back