• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

September theme challenge - 'Flock of Birds' (1 Viewer)

IanF

The theme challenge for September is 'Flock of Birds'.

The rules must be adhered to in order to avoid disqualification - they will be rigidly enforced. The Moderators decision is final.

Rules -

1. Entry to have been taken in the last twelve months.
2. Date taken to be included in the entry - must at least include month and year.
3. Entry to be uploaded between 1st-21st midnight (BST).
4. Your entry must contain three birds or more to constitute a flock.
5. The birds must be wild and can be of any species, mixed or of the same species, in flight, on water, perched or on the ground or any combination.
6. Location taken to be included.
7. One entry per member.
8. Only minor image adjustment is permitted, such as cropping, sharpening, contrast, and levels. The photo must not be otherwise greatly manipulated ie. objects should not be added / removed in order to enhance the shot - no composite images.
9. Once uploaded a photo is classed as an entry and cannot be replaced by another shot. However, you have until the closing date/time of this competition to ensure that your photo meets criteria.
10. The entry must be your own work and not previously submitted in a competition on this site.
11. The bird's common name must be given (though please add the scientific too) of the most numerous species present.
12. Entries to be uploaded directly by entrants to the Monthly Photo Competitions 2004 gallery.

A voting booth will be posted after the 21st - all qualifying entries will be added.

Comments on entries are permitted.

Last edited:
Wow! This won't be easy. Should be interesting though. I would think composition will mean everything.

Mike

Im rather disappointed with this change, as i had one of my local patch that i would have liked to have posted into the competition......|=(|

Still, the new subject should be rather challenging. Happy shooting everyone..... :t:

tracker

From the "2004 challenge theme categories" post, i see that the sept theme had been changed to "one bird". It seems that members are not aware & are still uploading flock pics.

jobkjoseph said:
From the "2004 challenge theme categories" post, i see that the sept theme had been changed to "one bird". It seems that members are not aware & are still uploading flock pics.
I believe you must have misread the the list of themes rather than everyone else ;)

It's the October theme that is proposed to be 'Single Bird' changed from 'Flock of Birds' which we are using for the Spetember theme.

I noted that you had uploaded a single bird as your entry. As you have realised your mistake prior to the closing of the competition which is a 'theme challenge' rather than a for a prize, then I have no objection to you uploading an alternative entry - but only if you notify me as such by PM - so that I can remove the entry in place at present.

Hey, Ian, great job with the slideshow presentation! It goes more quickly, there's no scrolling (except on the biggest photos or verticals), and it really lets you just sit back and view and appreciate each photo without any distractions. Very, very nicely done!

Hi Katy,

I really like the changes too, but they are really down to the perseverence of Greenfields to get things sorted out. The new format certainly improves presentation and hopefully marginally improves download speeds for those members on slower connections.

The large photo sizes and how they appear should be a good hint to future competition entrants as to what dimensions to use to best display their entries - big isn't always best - looking good will always attract the votes.

:clap: Kudos, then, to Greenfields for a truly enjoyable experience in viewing this month's entrants! Good job, all the way around!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back