• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding in Arizona (1 Viewer)

GDC

I don't have a report, but am going to Arizona the first part of February and was hoping for some advice on where to do a little birding. Not sure how much time I will have, but some tips would be appreciated. Thanks

AZ trip

My husband and I are going to AZ with our bird club in May. We're flying into Tucson. The person planning the trip has been there 3 times before and has scheduled the following stops: Modera Canyon, Patagonia, Sonita Creek, Seirra Vista, Ramsey Canyon, Sycamore Canyon, San Pedro Riparian, Guadelupe Cyn, Cave Creek Cny, Sulpher Springs Valley.

I'll be interested to see your trip report.

--Linda

GDC said:
I don't have a report, but am going to Arizona the first part of February and was hoping for some advice on where to do a little birding. Not sure how much time I will have, but some tips would be appreciated. Thanks

The locations LCB48 posted are all very good. Maybe use the "search" feature for the forums on the title "Arizona" and you'll get lots of info.
Here is a link to just one trip report for Arizona

And here's the link to the Arizona state archive here on BirdForum where you'll find all kinds of information. Arizona is a huge state, birding-wise, so it really makes a difference where you're staying. The southeast is good just about anytime of year, but it all sort of depends on what target species of birds you have, if any, as the Grand Canyon/Flagstaff area will get you birds that you won't see there.

Let me know if any of you have any specific questions and I'll do my best to answer them. :t:

http://www.birdforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=384

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back