• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa TS 2 and eyepieces (1 Viewer)

I have an old TS2 with 60mm objective and am told only 22x and 27x eyepieces were made. I have discovered that the thread for the Bushnell Spacemaster scope is the same - any reason why I shouldn't successfully use lenses for that scope? I'd like a zoom and I'd like to start digiscoping with it.

Anyone any advice ? (OK I'll have to buy a new scope some time, but I'm reasonably happy with the TS2 right now)!

Hi Chris and a big welcome to BirdForum.net from all the moderators and admin here.

I can't comment on the ability to interchange e.p's from the Spacemaster to the Kowa TS2... but for digiscoping purposes, the dedicated 22x Kowa e.p. sounds far more suitable than a zoom on a 60mm scope. Light is going to be a major problem with any 60mm scope for digiscoping, a zoom e.p. (of questionable quality) won't be doing you any favours.
Best regards,
Andy

Chris Clarke said:
I have an old TS2 with 60mm objective and am told only 22x and 27x eyepieces were made. I have discovered that the thread for the Bushnell Spacemaster scope is the same - any reason why I shouldn't successfully use lenses for that scope? I'd like a zoom and I'd like to start digiscoping with it.

Anyone any advice ? (OK I'll have to buy a new scope some time, but I'm reasonably happy with the TS2 right now)!

Hello Chris,

I have a Kowa TS2,to my knowledge three eyepieces were available ,i have a 20x,27x, and a 40x,it might interest you to know that Some OPTICRON e/p's also fit this Scope,for example my OPTICRON 22x fits,

David Chivers

I had one of these as my first scope as bird mad 14-year old and like David can confirm that it aso had a 40x eyepiece. Nice n light and I used to like the finish on them - they were really hard-wearing but bloody cold to touch in the middle of winter!

20 x wide best for digi scoping though i would imagine

Tim

The 27x (Kowa) was said to be the 'best' eyepiece; the Opticron HR series eypieces fit - to my eyes, the 15x (HR) had better resolution than their 22xW, so maybe an option for digiscoping.

Andy.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back