• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

3 Hummingbird - Honduras (1 Viewer)

kevinsl06

All taken in the last two weeks at the Omega Eco lodge, Atlántida, Honduras. (about 5 miles from La Ceiba)
Thank you!

Attachments

• DSCN9185.JPG
    DSCN9185.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 22
  • DSCN9234.JPG
    DSCN9234.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • DSCN9235.JPG
    DSCN9235.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 21
  • DSCN9350.JPG
    DSCN9350.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 21
  • DSCN9351.JPG
    DSCN9351.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
1. A large part of the 'bill' looks to be extended tongue. Rufous-tailed hummingbird looks OK. You can just see rufous in vent area.
2-3. Stripe-throated hermit?

Last edited:
Thank you both!
Being it is a lifer, would someone else mind confirming the Azure-crowned? I just don't like to clam a lifer without be absolutely sure.

Not sure what else it can be. What do you think?
I wasn't disagreeing, it is the only thing I could find that matched. It is simply my custom to not clam a lifer on less than two id's, on birds that I don't fell qualified to identify myself.

I wasn't disagreeing, it is the only thing I could find that matched. It is simply my custom to not clam a lifer on less than two id's, on birds that I don't fell qualified to identify myself.
Up to you of course, but I'd only take someone else's word for it if they presented decent arguments and I believed them. I'm not convinced consensus is always right...

Up to you of course, but I'd only take someone else's word for it if they presented decent arguments and I believed them. I'm not convinced consensus is always right...
I totally agree. In fact, in many cases, the more people flock to something, the more I am likely to dislike/disagree with it.
Just my observation, but it seems masses of people can easily be swayed into believing what someone wants them to, even if it isn't necessarily true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back