• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

4 Arm Feeder Pole (1 Viewer)

ColonelDan

United States
I'm considering such a pole that has 18 inch arms as measured from the center pole. I intend to hang 2 feeders with black oil sunflower seeds and 1 each for white millet and safflower seeds. These seeds are the favorite of the birds we get here in central Florida...cardinals, woodpeckers, buntings, finches, chickadees, wrens etc. My question; is there any downside to having 4 feeders on the same pole this close together and filled with the seeds indicated?
Thank you

Hi Dan and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

These pole feeders are quite popular I have one that is well used. However, I don't use the 'water' tray provided, as it went green too quickly and blew away when it was windy - even with a stone weighing it down. The birds didn't use it, but pooped into it instead. And that's the only issue really; the lower trays get the poop. There'll be less of a problem with this if it's mostly hanging tube feeders which you seem to be planning to use, though.

It's fun watching the battles!

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Thank you for the responses!
I intend to use (2) Squirrel Buster feeders for the sunflower seeds and (2) tube feeders for the white millet and safflower seeds since those seeds are so small they could plug up the ventilation ports on the Squirrel Busters.
We have a copper bird bath separate from the feeder pole.
Thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back