• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

400/5.6 + stacked tc's (1 Viewer)

Roy, do you use 'live view' to help you to manually focus or just look through the viewfinder? I wear 'varilux' contact lenses which makes my manual focussing skills on my EOS 400D (no live view) very hit and miss!

Excellent images by all posters in this thread.

Chris

Thanks for the comments Christine, Quantum and Vectis, they are appreciated. I will do some tests this week providing the light is ok, (I work from 6am to 2.30pm) so I can try the 2x against the 1.4/1.5 stacked for IQ. If I don't have time in the week I will do it this weekend. One thing is for sure, you need very good to perfect light conditions. Thanks again to Roy. Regards. Neil.

Had a quick go this afternoon with the Kenko 2x C-AF teleplus PRO300DG. The light was not quite as good as yesterday so it's not fair to compare at this stage, the pictures I did take were more softer and grainier looking. Will try again later this week.

Here's one of mine, taken with the 400mm/f5.6L with Tamron 1.4x. Exposed at ISO 400 on a bright sunny day.

Photo #1 is a Common Goldeneye taken at about 50-75 ft distance.

Attachments

• Common Goldeneye.jpg
    Common Goldeneye.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back