• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

8 out of 10 Bats (1 Viewer)

Just watched episode 1 - really excellent stuff and although I don't agree with all of Chris's campaigning stances (just most of them), it's great to watch him unrestrained by BBC guidelines.

John

This was on while I was on holiday, so just catching up with it now.

The first episode had a great extended section on rewilding: from the reintroduction of beavers to landscape scale projects in the UK as well as across Europe, it was really inspiring. I also liked that they showed rewilding doesn't mean removing people. In Portugal they had a good example of a circular economy where markets were created for wool in return for acceptance of rewilding projects there.

Still catching up. Episode 5 this afternoon: hybrid wildcats at the BWC. Yeuch. They can put a brave face on it all they want but those are crap cats.

A lot of good other stuff though - Barry Sludge for one, the River Action guy and some local nature reserve building threat details that make you despair. Kudos to those doing something about it.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back