• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A code red for humanity! Landmark climate report says global warming limit to be hit within 20 years! (1 Viewer)

Define "climate change denier"
Ummm, those that don’t believe that the climate is changing. Add to that those that don’t believe man has anything to do with the climate changing? 🤷🏻

Ummm, those that don’t believe that the climate is changing. Add to that those that don’t believe man has anything to do with the climate changing? 🤷🏻
Those who deny the climate changes ignore science. It is quite ridiculous, and is, in fact, science denying. CO2 is known to warm the earth, so it's natural to assume that an increase in CO2 would cause global warming. In fact, it's been shown that with a doubling of CO2 (without feedbacks), the climate would warm about 1° C I don't think it's possible that man has no effect on the climate, or the recent warming. I don't think very many people seriously believe that man has no effect on the climate, except far-right conspiracy theorists.

That said, those who believe that the climate doesn't change naturally are as much science deniers as those who believe it doesn't change at all.

Denying science is a hype these days...

Mankind really has to evolve, to learn to consume less and travel less, behave less like a virus to all else nature but to live in balance with it...

Those who deny the climate changes ignore science. It is quite ridiculous, and is, in fact, science denying. CO2 is known to warm the earth, so it's natural to assume that an increase in CO2 would cause global warming. In fact, it's been shown that with a doubling of CO2 (without feedbacks), the climate would warm about 1° C I don't think it's possible that man has no effect on the climate, or the recent warming. I don't think very many people seriously believe that man has no effect on the climate, except far-right conspiracy theorists.

That said, those who believe that the climate doesn't change naturally are as much science deniers as those who believe it doesn't change at all.
I've never ever met someone who believed in climate change who didn't also accept that climate changed naturally.

I've never ever met someone who believed in climate change who didn't also accept that climate changed naturally.
I should hope so. The problem is that the generic umbrella term "climate change" is always used as a shorthand for the specific sub-category "anthropogenic climate change" (or even more specifically, anthropogenic global warming). Which makes the whole thing confusing and also allows for more disingenuous rhetoric on behalf of those who believe that the anthropogenic part doesn't exist.

Time for this deviation of the grand indulgence to end .....

You'll either end with it, or get back on the path. Clue for the uninitiated ..... you won't find the way by looking at the snapshot of an entire movie .....

Chosun 🙅‍♀️

This is what 'climate change denier' means to me, it's not a sustainable argument to say that the climate hasn't changed in my life time because I can clearly see that it has.

That's undenianble, the relatively recent 'ice age' is evidence of that but even if the latest changes are cyclicle, that is to say they were happening anyway, I think there can be little doubt that we've huried it along.

This is what 'climate change denier' means to me, it's not a sustainable argument to say that the climate hasn't changed in my life time because I can clearly see that it has.
Understand what you are saying, Andy. I have just head to many in the US saying it isn’t changing at all - stupid yes, but we do seem to have those folks here.

Every newspaper I pick up has a two page section attributed to celebrity news. More recently, they have all had a 2 page feature on the latest Covid events - why the silence on what's happening to the planet. There should have been two page sections of information in every paper for the last two decades at least telling everyone what's happening with deforestation, extinction, extreme weather and the links to human activity, population and consumption along with loads of things people could have done to make a difference.

The longer we've left it, the more severe the response required to make a difference and now we are past the point of no return and all I see outside of certain groups like this one is apathy and ignorance.

That with newspaper is because their owner(s) is/are indirectly affiliated with companies that have financial interest in keeping this problem as low profile as possible. Capitalist consumist system is corrupt and destructive to its core.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back