• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A thrush in Strathcona Provincial Park - British Columbia (1 Viewer)

Victor Soares

Hi, I was walking in Strathcona PP when I stumbled upon this guy (see pic) and managed to take one quick pic before he darted off. Had all the charachteristics of a robin/thrush and so I am undecided between: Swainson's, Gray-cheeked or Hermit.

Any assistance please

Thanks
Victor

Attachments

• Thrush.jpg
    Thrush.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 30
I think it's a Hermit but I could be wrong. Combination of rusty-looking tail compared to colder upperparts, and relatively narrow but fairly distinct whitish eye-ring without obvious pale lores point to this species for me

I'd call it a Hermit, assuming there aren't other photos that might change my mind. Pretty strong white eye ring (contra grey-cheeked), no buffy tones on face (contra swainson's), and the cherry on top: tail seems to be a warmer shade than the back.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back