• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Acro on Shetland last week (1 Viewer)

Hi

Obviously I'm not expecting anything definitive from this but …..;)

This acro was flushed from irises a few time last week in Shetland. Our initial impression from fleeting glimpses was possible BRW but I think this picture seems to confirm Eurasian Reed Warbler?

Can anything be deduced from this picture, the only one I managed?

Attachments

• Acro.jpg
    Acro.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 118
With my very limited experience with BRW, to me the primary projection is too long and fine for Reed, as are the warm flanks. The whitish edges to the primaries aren't so distinct as to suggest a Marsh either.

With my very limited experience with BRW, to me the primary projection is too long and fine for Reed, as are the warm flanks. The whitish edges to the primaries aren't so distinct as to suggest a Marsh either.

agree, pp much too long for BRW, general colour too warm.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back