• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alexa: How can I access another property's devices please? (1 Viewer)

John Nihon

My property has Alexa with some associated devices (echo, doorbell, light). I have the Alexa app on my phone.

Person X's (not to get too personal) property has Alexa with associated devices (echo, doorbell, light). Person X also has the Alexa app on their phone.

Both Alexa apps/phones are totally independent of each other.

Occasionally I will need to access Person X's doorbell device, get notifications from it, etc. Does anyone know how I can do this from the Alexa app on my phone?

I will need to access both property's devices from the Alexa app on my phone.

If anyone can help with step by step instructions it would be most appreciated. 🙏

The vast majority of devices can only be linked to one Alexa setup. It is however possible to merge multiple Alexa setups into one "household". The problem is that this enables mutual access to everything on the associated Amazon accounts. Not just Alexas and devices but payment cards, lists, vouchers, you name it. Not what I think you were after!

The vast majority of devices can only be linked to one Alexa setup. It is however possible to merge multiple Alexa setups into one "household". The problem is that this enables mutual access to everything on the associated Amazon accounts. Not just Alexas and devices but payment cards, lists, vouchers, you name it. Not what I think you were after!
Ah, that's not so good. I was hoping that I could be selective, not an all or nothing type situation. Many thanks for letting me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back