• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anna's Hummingbird nest on watch (1 Viewer)

PNGento

United States
We discovered an Anna's (I believe) Hummingbird that has chosen to use our house for her nesting site. We have a camera on her and not sure if others might be interested in seeing video or photos? This is our first sighting of a hummingbird nest in the wild and that it is on our porch is simply awesome.

View attachment IMG_9759.mp4

A couple years ago I visited a friend here in Seattle and she mentioned she'd seen a birds nest in a tree in front of her house. She said she thought it was a bird's nest but she wasn't sure because it was kind of low in a smallish tree and the nest itself was so tiny. I asked her to show me and we saw two skinny beaks poking out of the nest. Baby hummingbirds. That was so fun to see.

Try to stay away from the nest as it may drive the parents away and leave the babies to die.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back