• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Announcing February theme challenge! (1 Viewer)

It looks like three of us, Nina, Charles, and I, are already on. mmm, I think there may be 1 other, but can't remember who?

Marysan said:
Ian, if there is no voting then is there no winner?

Yep, you're right! It's simply a fun participation theme for this month to encourage a few more happy smiling faces in Members Faces gallery :t:

I just had a passport photo taken in one of those booths. No way am I going to let anyone see that! I'll be lucky if they let me back into the country.

Ahhh, so February is the month for mid-winter levity?? I see the enthusiasm mounting daily. If I've figured out how to take out the///'s from my comments, maybe I'll figure out the camera's self-portrait feature as well; and then soon after, how to get onto the other side of the lens. Let's see, I don't need to disassemble the scope entirely do I... (and NO, for those who've wondered so long.. my Avatar is NOT my self-portrait!)

Last edited:
Yes Screech, Scampo is another one! But between us that is a rather poor showing and I'll not take a more recent shot as the lack of sunshine has done my face a load of no good..... Got an ugly rash, psoriasis(well I think that is how they spell it)and until the sun shines it won't get much better! Hence the no new pictures!

I just got back from a 2 week cruise: Florida-Caribbean-Panama Canal-Costa Rica-Mexico-California, so I'm sure there will be a photo of me amongst the hundreds that we took. Pleased to see that it can have been taken within the last few months and not just this month.

HelenB said:
Pleased to see that it can have been taken within the last few months and not just this month.

Is this a hint that you over indulged on the cruise Helen.. hmmm?

Forcreeks said:
Is this a hint that you over indulged on the cruise Helen.. hmmm?

I only gained 3 pounds, so I'm very proud of myself - as for hubby and all those cooked breakfasts, he hasn't dared get on the scales, yet!!!

I'm looking at it a brand new way - I saw 48 new birds, so that's one ounce per lifer!!

We had a wonderful time, Tammie. Just wish we'd had longer than 7 hours in Costa Rica - definitely somewhere we have to go back to on a proper birding trip.

Look out for a trip report in that forum over the next couple of weeks.

Michael, a couple of other rules seem to be missing:
10. The scientific name MUST be given if you are not homo sapiens.
11. You must be alive and in the wild when you take your photo - captive or caged members will be disqualified.

Only just gone onto this thread. i would like to post a pic or two but with my new digital camera the pics are 'too big'. I'm working on it and taking in all the advice on other threads. If I get desperate I will ask for help someplace.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back