• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

April Europe destination suggestions (1 Viewer)

Crazyjoe

So my 40th birthday grand trip has been killed by a mortgage renewal on new interest rates. I’m looking for suggestions for warm European destinations with decent birding (reptiles are my number 1 love) which as a general location is fine for having youngish kids along for the ride. Budget is key for flights as it will have to be during Easter holidays (22/3/24-5/4/23). I’ve done Malta de Mallorca in the last couple of years. Based in East Yorkshire and direct flights probably all that’s realistic given the kids. The Gambia is can wait for retirement.

Not sure where Malta de Mallorca is or if you meant to say Malta or Mallorca…. but in any case it sounds like you need to decide based upon flights more than anything else.

Early April is early but of course the further S you are the better.

Greece, Cyprus, Spain. Migration is ongoing, you will obviously miss some of the later specialities, but all three countries offer very good birding in April.

Cyprus was great for reptiles even when i went in november, (Green Turtles and i think 6 lizard species a few of which endemic) but in April it would be even better (chameleons and vipers) really good birds too and so easy to get around

Users who are viewing this thread

Back