• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ash Pond at Kapar Power Station, Malaysia (1 Viewer)

Anyone have any idea how to get permission to get into the ash pond area in Klang, Selangor during this Migratory birds season?
Running around the net like crazy but 'zilch' results!:C

Just imagine, a Malaysian looking for a Malaysian location!!

Try to P.M. Dave B our member from Penang...he always goes there..Regards..let me know when you come..any help please let me.:t:

Last edited:
Kapar is a bit tricky. You need to have an induction course, including a briefing on health and safety as they went through a series of accidents in the last year (involving the workers)... I do have the name of the safety officer somewhere but not on me at present.

The course is easy and takes an hour, he shows you a series of photos showing the accidents, then chuckles to himself about how long it took them to implement the required safety precautions - all very scary!

Cheers,

James

We are meeting up with the people at the station on Friday.o:)
See what goes.
Will post updates.

Regards

Kapar is a bit tricky. You need to have an induction course, including a briefing on health and safety as they went through a series of accidents in the last year (involving the workers)... I do have the name of the safety officer somewhere but not on me at present.

The course is easy and takes an hour, he shows you a series of photos showing the accidents, then chuckles to himself about how long it took them to implement the required safety precautions - all very scary!

Cheers,

James

LATEST:

Going to the Kapar Ash Pond (tentative) with our Malaysian Nature Soceity (MNS) on the 24th. this month for "The Festival of Wings".
We were told NOT to bring any cameras nor Videocams!!! Totally rubbish!:C
Wonder Why?

Regards

Anyone have any idea how to get permission to get into the ash pond area in Klang, Selangor during this Migratory birds season?
Running around the net like crazy but 'zilch' results!:C

Just imagine, a Malaysian looking for a Malaysian location!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back