• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Azorean YLG in Potugal (1 Viewer)

Rui_Caratão

Last week this dark hooded 3cy YLG was seen at Espinho, Portugal. The dark hood, and faint hindneck stood out in the middle of other YLG. The majority of YLG, and a few hundreds have been seen, didnt show any trace of winter streaking heads yet, even in winter I have never seen such dark heads and so well defined above the neck.
Legs were already bright yellow,as the yellow tone of the tricolored bill.
Since many Azorean YLG records have been submitted for Great Britain, and other Azerean like birds have been seen in north Spain...there is no reason IMO that there are no Continental Portuguese records yet. The lack of Gull interest could be the main reason...I think.

Attachments

• DSCN0196.jpg
    DSCN0196.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCN0191-1.jpg
    DSCN0191-1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 92
I would not go as far as to say there have been 'many' records in the UK but there have been a few, some of which are accepted by the authorities.

Steve

I havent seen most pictures of birds submitted in uk, dont really know if they were accepted.
Hi Pedro, it looks good for "atlantis" YLG, specially on the 1st of August, a month later and probably went unoticed in the middle of the Gull mix

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back